Thursday, January 5, 2012

Day One

So I've been thinking about creating a blog for a while. It's not that I think lots of people will be really interested in what I have to say, but I think it would be a good experience for me to keep an account of the transformation that I am exploring. It would also be a good way to work on improving my writing skills. 

So, let me explain a little bit of what's going on with me... I'm currently pursuing some graduate studies at the Ohio State University. Anyway, I quit my job in June and began studying in September (the last year that OSU is on the quarter system). I am applying to be a part of the PhD program in Theatre. This quarter I am taking two classes: one in Performance and Social Movements, and one in Celtic Influences in Dramatic Literature. I am very excited about both of these classes. 

So, the title for my blog came from a class that I was in yesterday. It relates to the fact that I was born and raised into England, to Irish parents, and it wasn't until fairly late in life that I realized that my heritage and culture where actually Irish. I know... some of you might have been a lot quicker on the uptake, but I'm doing the best I can!

Anyway, that's enough for a beginning, I think. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment